Jon Bloomberg, EMT–B, CEO
Jon Bloomberg was first certified as a New York State Emergency Medical Technician in 1972. He has PhTLS (PreHospital Trauma Life Support) certification and is a Certified Instructor in AED/CPR/First Aid with the American Heart Association, the American Red Cross and the American Safety and Health Institute and has taught doctors, dentists, EMTs, nurses, school children, marine and yachting captains, members of the military and laypeople these lifesaving arts. Previously, he owned and operated an ambulance service and consulted with other ambulance services on their operations and finances. He set up non-– emergency ambulance operations in New Orleans, Cincinnati, Buffalo, Philadelphia and Westchester, New York. He has worked as a Set Medic on a number of movie sets and is a member of the Advisory Board of the Medical Reserve Corps., a division of the NYC Department of Health/Mental Health. He is an active EMT and 911 System member through Stanford Rescue Company. He holds an MBA from the New York University’s Graduate School of Business (Stern).
“My proudest moments are when I hear that one of my students has saved a life. And it’s happened sixteen times in the last ten years!–as of March 2019″
- Recent News
- National Homeland Security Conference, Sheraton Hotel, New York, July 2018: Set up and ran First Aid Room at Conference.
- Papal Visit, Central Park, New York, September 2015: First Aid Tent Manager for NYC Department of Health.
• New York State EMT–B
• Member, New York City Department of Health/Mental Health Medical Reserve Corps Advisory Board
• Speaker, 31st Big Apple Dental Meeting 2017
• Course Medical Operations Manager, ING New York City Marathon, 2011
• PreHospital Trauma Life Support (PhTLS) certification
• CPR/AED and First Aid Instructor for: American Red Cross; American Heart Association; and the American Safety and Health Institute
• Amateur Radio Operator License; KC3EMS
• Philips HeartStart Essentials Training Program for Distributors
• Regional Emergency Medical Services Council of NYC. Burn Care: PreHospital Provider; EBOLA Preparedness and Preparation for the EMS Provider
• NYC DOH/MH Novel Influenza A (H1N1) Training
• Stop the Bleed-Train the Trainer, Westchester County EMS
• FEMA: Medical Preparedness and Response for Bombing Incidents Training; FEMA: IS 00100. S, IS 00200.a and IS-00700.a certificates
ARTICLES by Jon Bloomberg
“Highway Safety: Protecting Your Patient And Yourself“, EMS Responder.com, July 29, 2010
“What to Do Before the Emergency“, Management Matters, The Cooperator Co-op & Condo Monthly, April 2009.